Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sweet Rims and Apologies

Mr. Brown: did you ever get the Drive-By Truckers album
Mr. Pink: Yes I did.
Mr. Pink: Care for a copy?
Mr. Brown: hook a nigga up
Mr. Pink: But Marvin and Vernita won't like DBT.
Mr. Brown: you may have taken that a little too literally
Mr. Pink: Did I just go too far? Should I send them a card apologizing?
Mr. Brown: A card may make things worse. Can you buy a "sorry I made a disparaging joke about your race" card at hallmark?
Mr. Pink: I think you can. I think they even have those new ones that you can record a little message.
Mr. Brown: what would you say?
Mr. Pink: "Hey Marvin, Hey Vernita. Um....Sorry I made a racial joke at your expense. To make up for it....I'd like to have you over for fried chicken, waffles and watermelon."
Mr. Pink: There, I think that'll make it all better.
Mr. Brown: it’s a winner
Mr. Pink: Thanks, I think that'll go over really well.
Mr. Brown: maybe they'll give you some of their crack as a thank you
Mr. Pink: I was hoping for some of their really big wheels that they put on their cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment